Reading Time: 2 minutes
With the release of the new QuickBooks R6, Intuit Canada has sent users an email detailing the changes made for this new version, outlined below. It should be noted that depending upon the settings in an individual’s database, the release update will either update automatically, or the users will be notified that there is a new release.
Items included in the recent QuickBooks 2013 Release are as follows:
R6 – March 2013 Update:
Note: Some of these changes are for Enterprise only.
- User Interface
- “Company File Color Scheme” option is introduced in the “Desktop View” preference to allow users to change the color of the title bar and the border of QuickBooks windows for a particular company file, which will help users to differentiate between multiple company files. This preference will be replacing the “Company Color Flag” preference introduced in R4 release. We are offering 14 different “Company File Color Scheme” options to apply on various company files. This is a user level preference, which essentially means that various users connected to the same company file can select different colors.
- Labels are now in all CAPS across transactional forms to improve readability.
- QuickBooks will no longer display an unrecoverable error while customizing the colored icon bar.
- Save buttons can now be seen on the Write Checks window when viewing Paychecks and Payroll Liability checks in 1024×768 Res.
- All customer information (phone, email, etc.) will be added to any new jobs created for it.
- Increased the number of rows visible on the Bins tab in the Inventory Center.
- The Item Image window has been re-sized to support lower resolutions.
- Batch Enter Transactions
- ‘Batch Enter Transactions’ menu item is now accessible under the Company menu for non-accountant versions of QuickBooks Enterprise v13.0.
- Advanced Inventory
- Costs on purchase transactions will no longer display incorrectly when Unit of Measure is enabled.
- Improved multi-user performance for large company files that have the Lot numbers preference enabled.
- QuickBooks will now display a “No Site” section on the Inventory Stock Status by Site report, for those transactions without a site selected.
- Resolved issues that caused barcode scanners to not work if unplugged and then plugged back in while QuickBooks is open.
- Fixed an issue that caused duplicate employee names to appear when picking one on the Add ToDo window.
- ToDo notes will no longer get truncated if the description is more than 100 characters.
- Non site specific summary reports will now show site data when the report basis is set to Accrual.
- Purchase Orders and Sales Orders without a site now display a quantity on the Stock Status by Site report
- Monthly payroll item limits are now supported.
- Pressing the “s” key on the Employee Defaults window will act as a hot key to select a Class.
- QuickBooks Enterprise max data base cache size has been increased to 512 mb for improved performance.
- Miscellaneous improvements/enhancements to performance
Have you had a chance to try this recent release from QuickBooks? What do you think of the new features? Let us know!