Do You Want To Be A Kninja Bookkeeper?
Do you love being a bookkeeper?
Are you passionate in wanting to help small businesses succeed?
Are you looking for a great firm where you can be the best you want to be?
Are you an avid learner who doesn’t like to stand still?
Do you need flexible hours and the ability to work from your own home office?
Then we may be looking for you.
AIS Solutions are recognized leaders in the Global Bookkeeping industry:
- 2017 – Selected from over 1000 firms worldwide as Intuit’s *Global Firm of the Future – the only Canadian firm to receive this honour
- 2016 – Voted “Canadian Bookkeeping Firm of the Year” by members of the IPBC (Institute of Professional Bookkeepers of Canada)
- 2015 – Winner of the “Small Business Excellence Award” by the Burlington Chamber of Commerce
- Selected to Top 50 Cloud Accountants in North America
- Selected to Top 50 Women in Accounting 2017
- Creator of QuickBooks Online curriculum for Canadian College
- Creator of Cloud Accounting Curriculum Launching in 2018 for Ontario Colleges
- Chosen Top 10 Influencers in the Canadian Bookkeeping Industry
- Members of the North American Accountant Council for Intuit
- Member of the Global Intuit Trainer Writer Network
We do not share this to blow our own horn, but to help you understand that we are no ordinary bookkeeping firm and we want you to be as excited as we are to be part of this awesome Bookkeeping industry.
Not Your Typical Bookkeeping and Cloud Accounting Firm
We don’t do typical Accounting stuff – taxes aren’t even part of our service offering, so we actually love the month of April. We are process and technology driven, and have created a Team that has become a second family for all of us. You can meet our team here.
We provide Bookkeeping and QuickBooks training services for our small and medium-sized business owner clients. They rely on us, to make sure they can rely on their books. Our passion is in all things cloud and tech related, so all of the changes in our industry excite us rather than scare us. QuickBooks Online, 3rd Party Apps and integrations. We love it all.
We have also launched a ground-breaking Kninja Training program, so if helping others excites you like it does us, we would love your involvement! Because we do a great job of it, we’re growing and are looking for another Superstar Kninja Bookkeeper to add to our team.
Members of our team love to learn, don’t like keeping the status quo and want to be on the cutting edge.
We have also launched a new virtual team, and whether you are located at our office in Burlington, or part of our new remote team, you will always be connected through online tools like Zoom, and have access to our highly developed systems and processes through Teamwork. You’ll also be working with a pretty amazing team who really care about what they do and who will drop whatever they’re doing to help out a customer or a colleague.
Comments from Our Team
Here are some thoughts from our team members.
At AIS Solutions we are family. Hard work, integrity, respect and laughter knit us all together to form our amazing team. We push each other, encourage each other, learn and succeed together. If a business’ goal is to have their staff WANT to come to work every morning, then AIS Solutions has succeeded with gold stars and a parade! We even get to play with a puppy on occasion!! There is no ‘bad day’ at AIS and for me, that is priceless!
Working for AIS Solutions is a Privilege and a Pleasure. We have a fabulous team who works extremely hard together. We do have our challenging times especially when competing in the company games (I won’t mention any names…..Steve). Steve and Juliet are extremely kind and understanding which makes us as the team feel respected and valued.
AIS has such a supportive and collaborative atmosphere where our team members feel empowered to solve challenges and strive for greatness! Open communication is encouraged and all opinions are valued and respected. Most of all, we have fun! Laughter is heard often in our office where we know that “a good laugh is sunshine in the house. – W. Thackeray”
I feel so blessed to be a part of this wonderful team.
Everyday is a new and exciting challenge for me. There’s so much room to grow, so much knowledge to gain, and many memories to make.
Not only is this a fun place to work (yes you read correctly, I said fun), it’s also a place where you’re trusted and most importantly, respected. You get acknowledged for the goals you achieve (big or small, work related or personal) and never judged for any learning curves or questions you may have. There’s always on going, up to date training – which for me, is a big deal. Not only am I always up for a challenge and like to learn new things, but having the training also boosts confidence levels (well mine anyways!) and helps to ensure that we as a team are all on the same page.
We are an empowered team that are entrusted to execute using cutting edge industry technology. We are all in. Everyday.
We make our own fun. We do holidays right. Our brain breaks include playing trivia, nerf gun bowling, ring toss, and now it sounds like a circus over here. Also, our mascot is a ninja. A kninja!
The most important thing is the relationships we build with each other as we learn, meet challenges, and expand our boundaries so we can learn more, and meet harder challenges, and expand our world again…it’s the kninja way!
My life changed the day I walked into AIS Solutions. I had previously been working at a more traditional firm, and even though there were many things I liked about being there, I wasn’t inspired.
AIS Solutions has a different non traditional outlook on a number of things, and my days here are filled with more of a supportive team culture, and the growth I have experienced both professionally and personally has occurred at a rate I could not have begun to imagine.
The Clients We Help
Our clients are amazing and true entrepreneurs. They range in industry, but have one common trait – their financials matter to them. It’s why they’ve chosen to work with us, and love that we are always thinking of new ways to provide them with insights about their business or introduce them to new workflows or processes through 3rd party Apps.
As a cloud-based firm, you will have some flexibility in managing your own hours – after completing our training. We are driven by results so we value what you produce, not the time you spend doing it. As you can tell by what we’ve listed above, things move pretty quickly in our organization, so if you have interest in growing or expanding from your current role, you’ll be in the right place.
We understand how many hours in the day you spend at work and so want to make that time as enjoyable as possible. We believe that you can have fun while taking care of business and so have team building events, every Wednesday is AIS Fun and Games where we compete against each other for Starbucks runs.
Our compensation is competitive and we do offer medical and dental benefits, financial support for professional development courses and attending industry conferences and workshops, but it is our attitude that makes us the place to be 🙂
We have a variety of different roles at AIS Solutions, but the two we are in search of on a regular basis are that of a Senior Kninja Bookkeeper, and a Junior Kninja Bookkeeper. Both are an essential part of our team helping our clients take control of their business finances by providing exceptional service. No matter which role you are interested in, there are some key fundamental similarities.
- You are a forward thinker
- You are passionate about learning new things
- You are passionate about empowering our small business owner clients to prosper
- The use of technology does not frighten you. You thrive on it and love new tech.
- You must be someone who also enjoys doing all of the important bookkeeper tasks our clients trust us with, such as: Preparing Government Remittances, Account Reconciliations, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Month-end Wrap up, and Reporting, and you must have a strong understanding of bookkeeping and accounting concepts.
- You enjoy working outside your comfort zone and challenging yourself to tackle new types of customers and challenges.
- You can work effectively independently and outside of the office
But there are some differences – and here they are:
Senior Bookkeeper (Our Kninja Warriors):
You have the following skills/experience:
- 5 years of Bookkeeping Experience, 2 Years with QBO
- We are a 100% QuickBooks Online firm, so for this role you must be QBO Advanced Certified
- Desire to train and support the Juniors on our team
- Ability to adapt and create new processes around your clients
- Preference will be given to those with experience working in a multi-client environment and previous QBO app experience.
Junior Bookkeeper (Our Kninja Grasshoppers):
You have the following skills/experience:
- 1 year of Bookkeeping Experience, 1 Year with QBO
- We are a 100% QuickBooks Online firm, so for this role you must be QBO Basic Certified
- Desire to learn
- Desire to play a strong supportive role for the Kninja Warriors on our team
- Ability to follow processes and give feedback
- Preference will be given to those with experience working in a multi-client environment
Most of the team work a traditional 8:30 – 4:30 schedule, but if you need to take some time off for personal time, just block it off on your calendar.
Being cloud-based, and no one looking over your shoulder, the relationship is successful only if it is built on a foundation of trust. As each member of our team plays such an important role in our success, we’ve developed a comprehensive interview and screening process.
If the above excites you and you are interested in becoming a part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Here is the Process to Join Our Team
Our interview process is as follows:
Submit your application to email@example.com
(Please – no phone calls, no emails – submitting your application to the email address above is the only way you will be considered for the position – Thank you.)
You will receive an email within the hour (please check your spam folder if you don’t see it in your inbox). The email will have all the instructions for next steps.
Thank you again for your interest in AIS Solutions. We look forward to meeting you soon.