What is QuickBooks Online?
QuickBooks is the number one choice for small business
You’ve probably heard of QuickBooks if you’ve done any research on Accounting Software for Small Business. It’s been the number one software choice of small business for the last 20 years and been in the accounting space since 1983. What you may not know is that there is a new kid on the block from QuickBooks called QuickBooks Online.
It’s not really new, as it’s been in the United States since 2008, and Canada since about 2011. But we call it the New Kid on the Block because in the last few years it has become the fastest growing accounting software of choice for Canadian Small Businesses and here are some of the reasons why it could be the best fit for your business.
Why is QuickBooks Online the best choice for your Business
QuickBooks Online, or QBO as it’s known more commonly, is 100% Cloud based. There is no software to install, no patches to upgrade, your data is available anywhere, at anytime, from your computer or phone, as long as you have an internet connection.
QuickBooks Online may be the right choice for you and your business if:
- Real time financial reporting for your business is important to you
- You enter the same data in more than one place
- You or your business is mobile
- You love to harness the power of automation
- You have a complicated accounting workflow that you need to solve
- Your business is mobile and you need to issue invoices on the fly
- The rest of your business is virtual but your accounting system is stuck on the desktop
- You are tech savvy
- You are currently using Excel to track your accounting functions
- You are a new user to QuickBooks
2 years ago, if someone had asked us if QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online was a better product, our answer would have been “It depends”. Today, if we were asked the same question, we would now definitively say “QuickBooks Online”. Why? The power of the Apps and the Creation of a Financial Ecosystem. Not sure what that is, or what it could mean to your business – We’ve got you covered – Check out our FAQ Article here.
Still not sure if QBO is the right fit for you? Give us a call. We are Platinum QBO Proadvisors, all of our team are QBO Advanced Certified, and most importantly, as much as we are tech geeks, we understand small business and can help you make the right choice.